Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Days 1-2

I have made it through two days of fit camp but don't be impressed yet. I have yet to actually do any exercise. The first day we registered, weighed in, and met with our "team." I am on the black team led by none other than J.B. Batiste (He is the father of Kristen's friend Janaye).

We also partnered up with someone who will help keep us accountable. I am with another young guy my age named Mason. Mason has gone through fit camp three times already so he is a great resource for me, plus he is fun to be around.

I started "eating right" yesterday and it was terrible. I was hungry all day and my stomach protested greatly against the foreign materials it was encountering: vegetables.

This morning, the first time participants all went to listen to a presentation on eating for the program. Essentially the idea is to follow common sense: choose fresh foods from the perimeter of the grocery store, eat small meals several times a day, don't take in empty calories, no fast food. We are also supposed drink a gallon of water each day. I started doing that yesterday and by the end of the day the bathroom door started opening by itself when it saw me coming.

During the presentation we found out what 80/10/10 means! Success at fit camp is 80% determined by what you eat, 10% by the exercise, and 10% by genes. It's their way of emphasizing the importance of eating right.

Tomorrow will begin work-outs. If I don't update for a while its because I have lost the ability to move my arms.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and your determination to be the man God wants you to be spiritually, physically, and emotionally. What a blessing you are to all of us.

    ReplyDelete