Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

6 weeks of agony begin tomorrow. In a moment of delusion after a 30 minute run/walk on a treadmill I signed up for a 6 week boot camp at Dyess Air Force Base (don't let anyone tell you that Runner's High isn't dangerous). The camp is Monday through Friday at 5 o'clock in the morning (thus, Fit at 5:00 for the blog title). After this fit camp is over I plan on starting another blog entitled: Fat at 10:30.

There remain only a few slim hours to separate me from the beginning of fit camp. Officially, the camp starts at 5 am but I will set my alarm for 4 am. It was advised that you eat an hour before the workout so my plan is to wake up, put a slice of bread in the toaster, and then fall asleep again before it is ready. I am not sure how long it will take me to get to Dyess in the morning, partially because I do not know how to get there yet either, but I am planning on leaving the house between 4:20 and 4:30. This should leave me plenty of time to make it past the security check point and buy my required neon safety belt. I think we have to wear one so no fighter jets run us over, if things get really bad I might take mine off.

Part of the camp is keeping a journal of everything you eat. For example here is what I would record for today:
Breakfast:
Two scrambled eggs
Half pound of ham
Home Fries
Bagel with Cream Cheese
Coffee with Cream

Lunch:
Bag of nuts
Cupcake

Snack:
#1 meal from Whataburger with Fancy Ketchup

Dinner:
Chicken Chow Mein with Rice
Two egg rolls
Bowl of Egg Drop Soup
Another Cup Cake

I think I am in trouble...

Question: The Theme for the camp is "80/10/10." I am assuming they will tell us what that is supposed to mean tomorrow after they take the "before" pictures but for now I have no clue what 80/10/10 refers to. Submit your guesses for a prize!


(P.S. Please participate in the poll on the right side of this blog)

2 comments:

  1. My first thought was lose 80 pounds by October of 2010...but wait...this is 2011...that won't work. So I googled it and came up with a specific diet. We'll see if that's what they put you on.
    I'll be reading your blog! I'm proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it David! You will feel so great after the pain is gone!

    ReplyDelete